Wednesday, December 27, 2006

EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES

Unexpected Treasure lies all around us, often undiscovered because it is unexpected. Educational Opportunities are one source of Unexpected Treasure and indeed are in themselves often Unexpected Treasure.

I am finding that people are a great Educational Opportunity. As I have realized that most people I meet are not really interested in my stories, I tend to listen more and speak less. I guess I really get depressed when people would rather tell of the time 20 years ago that they hurt their thumb, than to hear the story of a crippled thumb suddenly becoming flexible and useful as we prayed for it. People really aren't interested in the stories of other people's lives, but are vitally interested in being heard.

This relates to the Forward Looking article and testimony earlier. As I look at the person in front of me today, now, I see my future and my joy in the promise of what God is going to do in our lives. Some will be healed, some will be set free from burdens, some will be an Educational Opportunity for me.

God's economy (a topic we will take up later in more detail) includes the economy of blessings. God's Law of Blessings: As we seek to be a blessing, we find ourselves more blessed than our target. If we are flowing with God's love, the target also believes they are most blessed. In God's economy there is no lack, only abundance, and everyone is a winner!

As you meet people, begin to listen more, speak less, and seek the educational purpose for which God has brought this person into your life, while also asking God to bless this person through you. God gives to us for planting, and the seed planted produces fruit. This is God's economy: multiplication of blessing, stopped only by trying to save, or hoard, the blessings, whether physical or other. You will find yourself blessed, and also discover that you have been a blessing.
HK

No comments: