Saturday, December 16, 2006

UNEXPECTED TREASURE - SUSI OF BALI

Susi is one of those whom I prayed for at a meeting and subsequently attached herself to me. She is a treasure for when I hear her or see her, her love for and hunger for Jesus is striking! She continually pesters me (I love it - it's my life purpose!) with questions about scriptures, about practicalities of Walking With Jesus, or with prayer requests.

Susi just came back from East Timor, where her husband is working with the UN. She met me this morning (Saturday, Dec 16) for a Bible study and lunch.

After two hours answering questions about the meaning and ramifications of John 4:24, over lunch, Susi recounted her history with me. I asked if I could post some of her story.
She remembers clearly that I met her on December 18, 2005 - I only remember that I met her last year during my visit, at a Bible study, though I do remember that Bible study gathering well, it was quite memorable! She maintained contact through text messages on cell phone, and not just a few phone calls.

She made sure that she got in on meetings when I visited again last June, even arranged for some additional friends to come for special meetings with me.
It was after the June meeting things really began to happen. It was during that visit that her eyes became open to the possibility of dreams becoming reality. This in the form that prayer really does work. Something had happened to increase her level of faith to really believe it! She requested prayer for her husband to get a visa (Dutch, he was stuck in Holland for two years not able to return to visit wife and family), and also a job. She also requested healing for her son, who had just been diagnosed with cancer.

Within two weeks, all prayers had been positively answered. Her husband was on the way back with a new job, and her son had been pronounced clear of all cancer!
There were also some other requests - centering around her desire to bring others to know Christ.
Nannies (pembantu, here in Indonesia) began coming to her door for advice, and she began leading them to Jesus, along with their small charges (from Hindu and Muslim families). I received many text messages in Indonesia that I didn't fully understand, but her excitement, and the fact that prayers were being answered abundantly could not be hidden!

Unexpected Treasure - Susi asked me if she could organize meetings for in in East Timor. She works with tribal people there, as well as with the UN compatriots of her husband. She said there are only a few expats now, but in January, more that 50 will arrive. Will doors open in East Timor [that I tried unsuccessfully to push open in Aceh after the Tsunami two years ago]? Also, you should be aware that now I cannot extent my visa but must leave the country after 60 days. The least expensive trip is to East Timor, though I would not consider going there without some other purpose, and I have been praying for purpose (other than visa) whenever I have to go out like that.

Susi - unexpected treasure continues to brighten up my life as I visit Bali, and now becomes answer to my prayers for new openings for seminars and for ministry work when I have to go out of country for visa purposes.

God is Good!

No comments: